Coach with CrossCountry App
Visualisation is a key part of riders going well cross country so to have seen the course many times can only improve their familiarity with its questions and hopefully better able to produce the correct answers
Do you want your students to feel calm and confident in the startbox?
Do you want to reach a much wider audience with your coaching skills?
Do you want to help your pupils even if they cannot physically walk the ocurse with you?
For coaching all levels
- Help your students to form a plan for each jump. Develop safer, more organised and confident riders.
- At the competition students can record your advice as you walk the course together to review later using the app. The best advice is no help when forgotten in a fit of nerves
- If you are not at the competition, your student can email the course for you to reference as you discuss it on the phone.
- When event organisers publish pre-recorded courses its even easier for you to add audio advice or extra videos and email to your students.
- Sell virtual guided course walks through our website
- Listen to how a virtual guided course walk helped Kristy go clear in the 60cm at Sydney
How to do it
View on any smartphone, tablet or PC
Download to CrossCountry App on iPhone or iPad
Canadian National Coach Clayton Fredericks and long time user of CrossCountry App publishes his courses
Get started today Email or Contact us
It is visually so much easier for riders to take information and advice on board when they have the course and photos in front of them rather than just imagining it
CrossCountry App was used by three team coaches at the London Olympics. Interviews with Eric Smiley, Ginny Elliott and Prue Barrett about the Olympics
Photo from Eric Smiley's course recording. Download it from our library
How might I use CrossCountry App for coaching?
At a competition
"You can pull up pictures to show to a student or show a course to an owner. It's very beneficial to have the course in advance, especially at a one day event when you are riding a lot of horses and time is short" Mark Kyle
- Review the course your student has recorded on iPhone or iPad
- Student records your comments or videos as you walk the course together to review later
- Download the course beforehand, add audio tips and email to students
- You record the course, add tips and videos to publish/sell on our website
- Download or share courses by email
- If you have several students, nominate one to record the course and email to others
- Student emails you the course, you discuss by phone, using the app as a reference
After a competition
"Talking and showing riders after their cross country can also be of huge value as a learning process" Eric Smiley
- Review the course and analyse how it rode
- Students records comments to refer to next time "ran out at left hand arrow head", "long uphill stretch after 15AB, keep petrol in the tank for it"
What about events where there is no mobile coverage?
CrossCountry App records a course without mobile (cell) coverage and internet (you just won't see the satellite background until you get on the internet)
Many events have WiFi at the Secretary Tent if there is no mobile coverage. You can use this to send/receive courses by email.
Encourage your local event to pre-record the courses so riders can download them on WiFi the day before. They sleep much easier having seen the course.
How do I get started?
It is amazingly easy to create a virtual guided course walk.
Coaches created virtual guided course walks at Sydney ODE for 60-95cm riders. More
We are here to help Email or Contact us