Virtual Guided Course Walks
An expert in your pocket - on course, at home, anywhere...
Navigate the GPS recorded course track on a high resolution satellite image. Click on jumps; Swipe through pictures, photos, route diagrams and expert explanations from some of the world's top riders, coaches and course designers:
Adelaide,Badminton, Bramham, Blenheim, Gatcombe, Rolex Kentucky, Sydney, Tattersalls...
Mike Etherington-Smith, William Fox-Pitt, Clayton Fredericks, Sam Griffiths, Ciaran Glynn, Amanda Ross, Chris Burton, Philip Surl, Paul Tapner, Francis Whittington, Eric Winter
Educational and Entertaining
- which fences will cause problems and why?
- what is the best line?
- where could I make up time?
"There's been a run out at Fence 12" Swipe to the jump and find out why it might have happened.
At each jump use it as you might listen to a guided audio tour in an art gallery.
How to get them
2. Inside the app Click Download Courses, click on the course or type in the course name in the search box
3. Be Patient if you are not on a fast WiFI connection. Some of these courses are quite large.
4. Once downloaded click on the "Open In.." button
- Tap a jump on the map
- Swipe through jumps
- Swipe through photos and videos
- Listen to voice memos (tap on the microphone icon and then go back to photos while you listen)
No internet out on course? No problem!
Once the course is downloaded, the app does not use the internet so you always experience the same fast performance as you click on the jumps and scroll through pictures. This is especially useful where events have limited mobile (cell) or internet.
Clayton Fredericks recorded expert commentary for the 2013 Badminton Course